Wednesday, August 12, 2015

With a little time at hand

So for a change, today I have some time. It reminds of the days of nothingness, when had less to do but to introspect. Though I never really did any serious introspection. I think, I was just killing time thinking.

Anyways, it's been about four months here, and I'm significantly more uncertain about what I want to do in life, than I was when I came to ISB.

There are just so many options, and if there's anything I've realized about myself, it's that options baffle me. My indecisiveness almost always gets the better of me.

I screwed up the bidding process so badly that I got none of the courses I really wanted to take in the next term. While I feel slightly disappointed about this fuck up, I'm also simultaneously happy that I resorted to fate accompli - that is, I did not get to decide it for myself, and left it on chance. 

There's a limit of how bad it can get - I mean, it's just one term - and I'm hoping all the good guys took better courses anyways - so I'll be in a class which has a lower expectation about its own expectations. So, may be I'll get an A. Or May be not. Don't Know. Don't Care.

The high points of the day though was that I got to meet Ankur Warikoo today. When I meet people like him, it reinvigorates my zealousness; zealousness to do something different, to take risks, to achieve excellence, to be outspoken, to manage myself better - and what not. 

He said, it's important to know which industry one's headed towards. And I sat there thinking : where am I going? what am I pursuing? Consulting or Retail? What am I focusing on? Grades or Experience? Am I getting too comfortable here?

No comments:

Post a Comment